Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Sketch Challenge and CBCC #29






Here's a little sketch card I made from Mary's sketch over at the On Life and Creating blog. Every week she has a sketch on Sunday to try and I thought I'd try it out this week. This is about the third time I've ever attempted a sketch challenge and I'm really beginning to like it.


Anyhoo, I thought I'd do the Created by Courtney Challenge this week also. It is to make something that is inspired by nature. It just so happens that this month's Stamp of the Month from Close To My Heart is called Butterfly Wings and I needed to make some samples for my board to show off this cute set. I have a workshop on Saturday and the ladies that usually come were crazy about this set every since the Spring catalog came out. I had a lot of fun with this card, because I tried to tissue stamp the butterfly and I didn't really like it so I took my blush and sweet leaf markers and did the outside of the butterfly, but then realized I didn't have a spring iris marker, so I took my blending pen and the ink pad and made my own marker. I have always had trouble using the blending pen because I never really knew how to use it, but it does come in handy when you don't have the marker you need. I hope everyone had a great Wednesday and look forward to seeing you tomorrow!


Happy Bloggin',


Carla

3 comments:

Mary said...

Love your card! Same papers, different look. Thanks for playing!

http://mbryt1.blogspot.com

Kim said...

Carla~ Thanks for joining us over at CBCC! What a beautiful card! Good Luck with the drawing!
Hugs~ Kim

Sarah said...

Cute card! love the colors.