Well I got to be creative once again tonight. We went to a benefit
supper tonight for an Amish boy who had got kicked in the head by a horse. This happened some time back, but the hospital bills are piling up. He was taken to a local hospital and the air lifted to Cardinal Glennon in St. Louis. He has improved greatly, but he still has headaches and he says he gets befuddled. That sounds like something my grandpa used to say. It's funny to hear a 16 year old boy talk like an elder person. Ok on to my page. We went hiking in West Virginia in April of 06 and I have just now got around to scrapping to pictures. I used Stampin' Up! Sticky Cuts on this LO with beads. I just love those Sticky cuts. The rest of the paper is from CTMH Rustic Trail Paper Pack. I loved this paper and didn't get another pack before it retired. Maybe I'll come across another pack someday. I do however really love the new Back Country Papers from CTMH. Once again it is getting late and I haven't even started my daily reads yet, so I better sign off for now. I have more to post tomorrow so come back soon. Please keep the Amish boy in your prayers and have a Great Friday! Be Blessed! Carla
I had time to make a layout today after work and before church tonight. It was kind of rush job, but I like what it looks like.
The brown man came to my house yesterday and I finally got my Daydream paper. I put of getting it for so long and now I wonder why I did.
I hope you all enjoy my work and a big thank you to all of you who are following my blog. It makes my day to read your comments. I enjoy reading each and every one of them. I hope everyone has a great Thursday and is gearing up for a wonderful weekend. Hopefully I can get my DH to help clean out my scrap room/garage.
I know it's been awhile, but I have been reading "The Shack". If you get a chance to read it you should. I'm only on chapter 6, but I just started it last Thursday. I took it camping with me and I do have to say it is a pretty good read. Just want to tell you about another blog candy I came across @ Corrosive Creations By Janet It's some pretty awesome candy go check it out! Hope to chat again soon! Carla
I made another Layout using the Stardust paper pack from Close to my Heart. And since I have a dancing queen I thought the Super Star title went well with these pictures also. Like I said in the previous post Kassidee never stops moving, dancing, running, jumping, etc., etc., etc... She really has a lot of fun when we go camping or even when we are at home. She stays pretty busy all the time.
We have decided to go camping this weekend and I can't wait. It is supposed to be BEAUTIFUL this weekend (high of 82 on Saturday). We aren't taking the boat yet, but probably next time. So a lot of fishing from the bank and bike riding. Kassidee also has a birthday sleepover on Saturday so James and I can have a little romantic weekend. LOL!!! He'll probably be romancing the fish! LOL!!! This will be my last post until next week, so everyone have a great rest of the week and weekend! Oh yeah tomorrow is a very big day also. Kassidee goes to Kindergarten registration. She's growing up way to quick!!! :)
I had a workshop yesterday and we did the Stardust layout from the Workshop on the Go from Close to my Heart. The example in the guide was of a soccer player. Since I don't have a soccer player, but a dancing machine I decided to title my layout as Dancing Queen. In the journaling I said that Kassidee is my dancing queen even though she's not 17, but only 4 1/2.
I think this girl has been dancing ever since she was in the womb. LOL! She never stops moving even in her sleep. LOL! These pictures were taken at Rend Lake while we were on vacation last year. Hope you enjoy your Sunday.
Hi all! I know it has been awhile since I posted, but I have been extremely tired this week. I don't know why maybe a bug or something. I thought I'd share a quick picture of Kassidee's photo shoot this past weekend, and I'm pretty pleased with the pictures. Here's just one of the many that we had done. Kassidee just loves Scott ( my friend who does the pictures) and she always does exactly what he tells her to do. I can't wait to scrap some of these pictures, because I think they will look so good with some pretty spring paper. Well gotta run. Hopefully I'll have some stuff to show you later this weekend.
I had to make 2 anniversary cards tonight so I thought I would make them pretty easy, but still with a big impact. We were so busy today and it still isn't over. We have to get showers and the Easter bunny still has to come tonight too. Here is all we did today:
1) Kassidee and I went to get her pictures made. So we were out of the house by 9 am. When we were pulling out of the garage I thought I was dragging something under the blazer, but when I got outside it still felt funny. I get out of the car and see I have a flat tire. :( I go back inside and yell at James to tell him it's flat and he gets grumpy. It's a good thing that we have 2 cars. So I jump in the other car ans am on my way. Then...
2) I get call from a lady who was having a rummage sale yesterday and it was pouring down rain so she postponed it until today. I bought a couple of SU! stamp sets for $5.00 and thought that was the deal of the day!! Anywhoo, She called to tell me that they still had the Polly Pocket things Kassidee wanted. So after the photo shoo we ran back to the rummage sale and ended up with My Little Pony instead. Then..
3) We get home at about noon. James is still grumpy because of the tire and he is hungry! We then go to my Mom's house drop off Kassidee and go do some bunny shopping. First though we have to get the car to the shop to get the tire fixed. We drop it off at Wal-Mart and walk over to Ryan's for some lunch. By the time we got done eating and walking back to Wal-Mart the car was done. I get the stuff I need for Easter dinner at Mom's and we get our bunny shopping done. Then...
4) We go back to Mom's and start making the cake and the broccoli and cauliflower for tomorrow. Plus we visit for awhile. James watched the game with Dad and he seemed happy and not so grumpy, because he was full, the tire was fixed, and the Cardinals were winning!
5) We head home at about 5 pm and then I have to take pictures of all my flowers so Mom can see them tomorrow. The neighbor boy comes over and him and Kass play a little shadow boxing and of course I have to take pictures. Then...
6) It's time to color Easter eggs!!! James set up a table in the garage and away we went. Kassidee had to bring all her Build-A-Bears out there because they were watching a movie. ;) We finally got done coloring eggs about 8 pm. Then.....
7) I finally got the time to make this card for my friends who are celebrating their 30th anniversary this week. Also a couple we go to church with celebrated their 35th anniversary today. We were so busy that we didn't have time to squeeze in the reception today. Oh well maybe she'll forgive me after I give her this card. LOL!
So that sums up my whole day and boy was it a doosy!
I hope each and every one of you have a Blessed Easter.
Chris is offering this stamp set from Sweet and Sassy. It is called "His eye is on the sparrow".
She is celebrating our Savior and all he has done for us. He is the Rock of all ages. He took away my sins so that one day when I meet him face to face he will be able to look on me and see my light. I am no longer that black sinful Carla anymore. He has washed me white as snow.
Thank you Jesus for all you have done for me. You have gave me a loving family, a good job, and everything in between. It's all yours God. Hope everyone had a great Thursday and is looking forward to a beautiful Easter weekend.
Well I had a little mojo this afternoon after work and I thought I'd get a couple of cards made for some challenges. The first one is for the for the Mojo Monday #81 sketch and the second one is for Mary's sketch challenge over at On Life and Creating. I also used the April Stamp of the Month from CTMH called "World's Best Dad". I can used the cards for my board to try and sell a few of these stamps at my next workshop.
I really liked this stamp set because I don't really have any masculine stamps, but this foots the bill. Well I need to go get ready for tomorrow. Kassidee is going to her first real sleep over so I gotta go pack. Hope to hear from you soon.
since I last posted anything. I feel like I'm in a creative rut. I hope to get to the garage to get some scrappin' and stampin' done. I have to get my pages done for my next workshop next weekend. It would be really easy just making time to do it. Maybe if I didn't read so many blogs... LOL! What I would do if I didn't get my daily reads. Maybe I can look through my files and find something I haven't shown you. I think I found something....
You know I love the frogs and I made this little card as a pick me up for a co-worker of my DH's. He always tells me she is kinda down on life and I had made a Christmas card for her that she loved. She had told him that she had lost it and wanted to know could I make her another one. So I made this little diddy and she loved it. I'm so glad I can use my talent (LOL!) to make someone's day.
Hopefully after work tomorrow I can get my juices flowin' I have some card sketches that I need to do and I have them laid out in my head, but I can't seem to get them on paper. LOL! Sooooo until next time, Keep Scrappin'
I follow the Sweet n Sassy blog daily and every month they have a release party. This month they are doing the challenges a little different. You have to go to each DT member's blog and look at what they have made. Today they had 2 challenges. One on Chrissy's blog and the other on Suzy's blog. Suzy's had the sketch challenge and Chrissy had a challenge to use birds on a card. I thought about just making one card for both challenges, but what fun would that be? LOL! For the first card I used The stamp set God's Beauty and Thoughts and Prayer's by Stampin UP! I used Garden Green, Goldrush, Colonial White, and Black CS all from CTMH. The ribbon is from a creative basics pack, but I can't remember the name.
The second card has the Spring Song stamp set from Stampin' Up! and the paper is all CTMH. As you can see I'm and equal opportunity Scrapper. LOL! On the second card I finished the inside and that is something I have never done before. I think it turned out OK.
I just love hummingbird's and I thought he needed some sparkle, so I used my FAVORITE Stickles. I love all things that glitter and I have totally became hooked on these babies.
Well it's getting late and I probably ought to get some shut eye. Oh yeah Korin from Sweet N Sassy is giving away the 4 new release stamps to the winner of the challenges. I hope I get lucky...
Don't forget I have 2 spots left in the Pay it Forward post. The next 2 that leave a comment gets a prezzie from me!
I am a christian first and foremost. Without God in my life I would be nothing. Then I am a wife to a wonderful husband who supports my scrapbooking habit. HA! HA! I have a little girl who I am crazy about and she is crazy about me. It is unreal the love you feel for your child, but my love grows for her everyday.